||Program Support Staff
||Available for full time
||FT & PT
To provide evening, overnight and weekend supervision for Main Street clients ages 18-24. Including handling of emergencies and/or crisis intervention.
Residential Advisor Job Duties:
- Document and report all significant resident, program and facility information.
- Participate in program activities.
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
- Provide emergency transportation.
- Complete activity reports on violations of program rules/regulations and/or any incidents that occur during shift.
- Distribute and log out medication to residents.
- Conduct grounds check for safety issues
- Complete assigned cleaning duties and program laundry on shift (to include but not limited to vacuuming office, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen, sweeping and mopping)
- Report all incidents to program directors.
- Assisting with life skills presentations.
- Creating blank intake files.
- Participate in all required team and staff meetings.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for each participant.
- Sanitizing and keeping Main Stay intake area clean and tidy.
- Data entry as assigned.
- Complete RHYTTAC trainings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Directors.
Residential Advisor Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and experience working with at risk youth or in the human service field.
- Experience with crisis intervention and daily documentation
- Previous experience working with at-risk youth
- Able to interact effectively with youth from a variety of social/cultural backgrounds
- Able to provide client transportation. Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Team player
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Clear state and FBI criminal background check.
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs.
- Able to walk up and down stairs multiple times a day.
- Indoor environment
- Moderate/loud noise level.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position.
- Light work that includes moving objects from one location to another.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, check-in on clients.
- Regularly ascends/descends stairs to check in on clients.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive Operation SafeHouse reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Operation SafeHouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training and ability to work without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age or disability.
Operation SafeHouse does not permit employees to lobby for political candidates on the premises, or to encourage religious participation of others on SafeHouse grounds.
Operation SafeHouse maintains a drug free workplace. The use, possession, distribution or sale of alcohol, marijuana or any illegal drug while on SafeHouse property, while on duty, while on on-call status, or while operating a vehicle for the transportation of clients is strictly forbidden. In addition, no staff member may report for work or remain at work while under the influence of or impaired by any illegal drug, marijuana or alcohol. Any violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment.