A tenant household must include a “homeless youth” defined as:
A person who is between the ages of 18-21 and meets one of the following conditions:
- Is currently homeless in Riverside County.
- Is no longer eligible for foster care on the basis of age or:
- A person who is less than 18 years of age, is emancipated and who is homeless
This program does not require a source of income at the time of application. If an applicant has income, the applicant must have a household income at or below the level of very low income for Riverside County as determined by HUD.
The following is a list of charges that will result in automatic denial:
- Sexual Offenders
- Sexual Assault
- Previous felony convictions
- No criminal activity within the last 12 months (misdemeanors, may be an exception)
An applicant will be denied participation if they are incarcerated or if there is an outstanding warrant for their arrest.
Participation in the program will be terminated if the participant engages in illegal activity including domestic violence, illegal drug use, or other failure to abide by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with substance abuse history must substantiate a demonstrated period of sobriety (approximately 30 days) and be able to pass a drug test.